There are so many options to add flare to your card, here are just a few ideas I have tried.
- Painting a background or image
- Decoupage pictures or fabrics
- Cut out words and things from magazines or brochures...even images from old greeting cards
- Include photos, stickers and scrapbook embellishments
- Another idea is to mix all sorts of elements to get a one-of-a kind card
If you are not the 'crafty' type, Walgreens or CVS have handy online photo centers. This is a great stop for creating really cute cards that cost less than generic cards yet allow you to personalize with your captured memories.
When someone sees that you took the time and creativity to make the card personal, it will truly mean more, they are also more likly to keep it unlike store bought cards.
Why not save money AND make that someone feel extra special!