Friday, February 3, 2012

Shhh...I Don't Call it Exercise

I don't know about you, but I have a hard time getting motivated to exercise. I often say, if someone would pick me up each day, take me to do a new and interesting activity such as rock climbing, ice skiing, hiking, kayaking, etc. in a beautiful setting AND with amazing weather, THEN I would enjoy exercise. Since THAT isn't going to happen I suppose I will continue to play and move without calling it exercise. For me, one way to accomplish this is to do what my kids do. Run around the kitchen chasing the dog, play tag on the playground, swim and dance along with all kinds of other rowdy fun.

I read an article once about how we should do what toddlers do. They eat some, throw some on the floor, play, eat some crumbs, play, and so on. While I won't be advocating throwing stuff on the floor, I do see the benefit of eating small amounts and then playing. So, for now, I will continue to be chased by my son and dance with my daughter, because maybe without calling it exercise, I will in fact enjoy myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Hanging with Mom!