Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dinner... a Great Family Time

source
We have all heard that its important to eat dinner as a family at the dinner table. Did you know that this can be the best place to talk as well? Although, sometimes this is difficult due to do our busy schedules and life's distractions. There are so many benefits to sitting down and talking with each other about the day and sharing whats going on in our lives around the dinner table. Those in our own households need to be the ones we share our day-to-day life with. Once I heard how you should always ask open ended questions to your kids so they will give more of an answer than just 'yes' or 'no'. At the age of my children there is no shortage of conversation, yet I know someday that may not always be the case. About a year ago my husband started a little activity at our table. We all take turns pointing out things we admire or enjoy about another person at the table. I have heard my kids say things like "I like it when you play with me" or "Thank you for helping me clean my room"....Its especially sweet to to hear siblings do this! Now, when my husband and I forget, our kids will remind us. I definitely recommend this to every family. With the crazy pace of life for some of us, meal time is the only "together time" we have. Why not make it count?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Hanging with Mom!